What this business plan template includes
This startup business plan guide and template will help you step-by-step through the process of writing a business plan for your startup. It includes easy-to-follow instructions for completing each section of the business plan, questions to help you think through each aspect, and corresponding fillable worksheet/s for key sections.
The 11 worksheets in this guide will give you a working business plan for your startup to show your Laken Lane coach or mentor.
The business plan sections covered in this template include:
- Executive Summary
- Company Description
- Products and Services
- Marketing Plan
- Operational Plan
- Management and Organization
- Startup Expenses and Capitalization
- Financial Plan
The Appendices contain supplementary information to that found in the body of the plan. Examples of such documents include contracts, leases, purchase orders, intellectual property, key managers’ resumes, market research data, or anything else that supports assumptions or statements made in the plan.
The final section of the template, “Refining Your Plan,” explains the various ways in which you may need to adapt your plan for specific purposes, such as securing a bank loan, or for specific industries, such as retail or manufacturing.
The Business Plan Template for a Startup Business is provided so that you can generate a working business plan for your startup.
Writing a business plan gives you an opportunity to carefully think through every step of starting your company so you can better prepare and handle any challenges.
While a thorough business plan is essential in the financing process, it’s helpful even if you don’t need outside financing.
Creating a business plan can:
- Help you discover any weaknesses in your business idea so you can address them before you open for business
- Identify business opportunities you may not have considered and plan how to take advantage of them
- Analyze the market and competition to strengthen your idea
- Give you a chance to plan strategies for dealing with potential challenges so they don’t derail your startup
- Convince potential partners, customers, and key employees that you’re serious about your idea and persuade them to work with you
- Force you to calculate when your business will make a profit and how much money you need to reach that point, so you can be prepared with adequate startup capital
- Determine your target market and how to reach them
Laying out a detailed, step-by-step plan gives you a blueprint you can refer to during the startup process and helps you maintain your momentum.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
At Laken Lane Consultancy, we strive to provide our clients and customers with the best possible experience. We are confident that you will be thrilled with any of our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials.
Our company’s digital products, including e-books, excel documents, lightroom presets, and courses, are non-refundable and non-exchangeable once they have been downloaded. This means that if you purchase a digital product from our company and then discover that you are not satisfied with it, you will not be eligible for a refund or exchange.
Please carefully review the product descriptions and any available preview materials before making a purchase to ensure that you are fully aware of the product’s features and limitations. Please contact our customer service team for assistance if you have any questions about a digital product before making a purchase.
Each digital download will receive (3) download links that will be available for (2) days. Once the download link has expired, the user will not be able to download the file again. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
By purchasing a digital product from our company, you agree to these terms and acknowledge that you are not entitled to a refund or exchange once the product has been downloaded. This policy is in place to protect our products’ integrity and ensure that they are not subject to unauthorized use or duplication. By using and/or purchasing any of our Programs or Products, you understand that all sales are final and no refunds will be provided at any time.
Use and Consent
The Agreement does not transfer from Us to you any of Ours or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Laken Lane and its licensors.
Our Limited License to You.
Our Programs, Products, and Services and all the Program Materials are our property and/or our afﬁliates or licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
If you purchase or access any of our Program Materials through our Programs, Products, or Services, you will be considered our Licensee. For the avoidance of doubt, all content obtained through us is our property, and you are granted a revocable, non-transferable license for personal, non-commercial use only, limited to you only. This means that you may not use our Programs, Products, Services, or the Program Materials in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or in a way that has not been authorized by us.
You are permitted to use our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials as follows:
You may download and/or print Program Handouts and Workbooks for your own personal use in your business.
However, you are not permitted to share, sell, reprint or republish any other of our Program Materials, including handouts and workbooks, for resale or mass reproduction purposes for your own business use. This includes sharing this program with your friends, family, colleagues, etc. If they would like access, they must purchase their own license separately.
Any trademarks, taglines, and logos displayed on Program Materials are trademarks belonging to us. All trademarks reproduced on this Website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the Website. Any use, including framing, meta tags, or other text utilizing these trademarks, or other trademarks displayed, is strictly prohibited without our express written consent or permission granted herein.
For those trademarks, taglines, and logos for which you are granted permission to use, the trademark indicia must be included at all times. Any marketing or promotional tools and/or Program, Product or Service titles, or any other title or information of ours bearing the trademark symbols (™) or ® may not be used by you for any reason without our express written permission.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms or any express written license are reserved by us.
Information You Are Prohibited from Transmitting with Others.
As a Licensee, you understand and acknowledge that our Programs, Products and Services, and the Program Materials have been created, developed, or obtained by us through the investment of signiﬁcant time, effort and expense and that this information is a valuable, special and unique asset of ours which needs to be protected from improper and/or unauthorized use.
When you enroll in or purchase our Programs, Products, or Services, you agree that you are clearly and expressly prohibited from doing the following:
You will not copy, share or steal our Programs, Products, Services, Program Materials, or any parts of them.
- You will not in any way use, copy, adapt or represent any of our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials in any way as if they are yours or created by you.
- You will not engage in improper and/or unauthorized use of our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials. Improper and unauthorized use includes but is not limited to modifying, copying, reproducing, republishing, uploading, posting, transmitting, translating, selling, creating derivative works, exploiting, or distributing in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any Program Materials or any other information accessed or purchased through our Programs, Products or Services, or any other communications provided by us for your own personal use, business/commercial use or in any way that earns you money.
- You will not duplicate, share, trade, sell, or otherwise distribute our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials to any other person, for their personal use, business/commercial use, or in any way that earns them money, whether it was known to you or not at the time that you shared the information that their intention was to use the Program Materials for their own personal use or business/commercial use. This means you cannot share or sell any part of our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials to someone else so they can copy and/or use them for their own personal use, business/commercial use, or in any way that earns them money. You are the only one granted a limited license to use our Program, Product, Service, and Program Materials.
- You will not violate our intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark rights. Downloading, printing, or otherwise using our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials for your own training purposes in no way gives you any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, or ownership rights of our Program, Product, Service, or Program Materials.
- You will not reprint or republish any part of our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials for publication or compilation into your own products, programs, services, or program materials for your own personal use or business/commercial use in any way that earns you money.
- You will not use our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or in a manner that has not been authorized by us through our prior written consent.